The role of F&B and leisure in retail across the EMEA region
Published 09 December 2019
‘Hungry Spain’ spends most as eating out drives real estate demand. A Europe-wide proliferation of new eating and drinking concepts is driving demand for real estate.
- Spaniards spend greatest proportion on eating out
- New places to eat & drink must serve local residents as well as visitors
- Concepts increasingly reflect changing social attitudes: ‘the cause not the cuisine’
- Less emphasis on chain restaurants
- Complementary leisure offers drive food & beverage (F&B) rents
New research from Colliers International, leading global commercial real estate services and investment management firm, shows that, as a proportion of total expenditure on food and drink, the Spanish spend the most on eating out.